We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of NetSol Cloud. This new version includes many stability and bug fixes as well as feature enhancements. A list of new features can be found below. Some features are only available to corporate or dedicated server accounts.
- Mounting of external storage: Administrators can now mount external cloud storage (Dropbox, Google, Swift, S3, etc.) and decide whether it is to be accessible by the entire user population, a group, or a specific user. Users can now do the same, providing the first ever file sync and share capability across multiple cloud services, using NetSol Cloud as the single point of access.
- Faster syncing: Using a unique ID and algorithm, the sync mechanism now compares file and folder IDs to identify which to sync, rather than time stamps. This removes the need to have times in sync on desktops and servers, and reduces the overhead on both the client and server.
- Sub-administrators for groups: Administrators can now assign one or more admins to groups on the NetSol Cloud system, enabling ad-hoc group access and facilitating sharing amongst employees, and between employees, contractors, suppliers and partners.
- File versioning: Uploading a file with the same file name in the web interface will now generate a new version of the file and display the uploaded file as the newest version, further improving collaboration capabilities on non-connected NetSol Cloud devices.
- Enhanced Sharing: Users can now provide more granular permissions when they share a file, including edit, delete and share rights, can set expiration dates for shared files, and can also set a password on the URL to access a shared link, and much more, all within a significantly faster and more scalable sharing engine.
- Calendar improvements: Importing and exporting of calendar events got a complete rewrite to fix compatibility issues, work with repeating events, and is now much faster.
- Syncing of shared address books: Shared address books can now be synced to other devices.
- Drag and drop contacts between address books: When several address books are used, contacts can be moved or copied easily.
We recommend that all users of the NetSol Cloud who are using the desktop sync software upgrade to the newest version which can be found on the desktop sync client page to take advantage of the new synching algorithms.
If you have any questions or concerns about the new version, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256-547-6817.