We’ve update the NetSol Cloud with some major fixes. This release includes the following changes:
- Collaborative editing of documents
- User management interface fixes
- Performance improved significantly over older versions
- Overall file-handling is faster and more optimized
- Allow numeric group names
- Improved IE compatibiliy
- Sharing permission interface fixes
- Small visual fixes
- File scanner fixes to handle deleted files correctly
- User avatars
- Better file conflict handling
- File previews
The collaborative editing is an especially important development. The documents can be created from within the web-interface or existing documents can be uploaded. Sharing and editing can be done securely in the browser and be shared inside NetSol Cloud or via a public link. Users that have an account on the same server can be invited or public invitations can also be sent be email. The editing works on top of normal ODF files that are stored in NetSol Cloud. ODF documents are Open Document Format which can also be edited by programs such as OpenOffice.org, LibreOffice, or Microsoft Word. This editing is done in real-time so your changes can be seen by the other party AS THEY HAPPEN.
We’ve also posted an update to the NetSol Cloud Sync Clients. You can find the new clients on our Sync Clients Page. Changes for the client program include:
- Fixed error display in settings/status dialog, displays multi line error messages now correctly.
- Wait up to 30 secs before complaining about missing systray
- Fixed utf8 issues with basic auth authentication
- Fixed remote folder selector, avoid recursive syncing
- Handle and display network problems at startup correctly.
- Enable and disable the folder watcher during syncs correctly.
- Fix setting of thread priority.
- Fixed file size display.
- Fixed various folder wizard issues
- Made “Sync started” message optional
- Fixed shutdown, avoid crashed config on Windows
- Pop up config wizard if no server url is configured
- Settings: calculate sidebar width dynamically
- Fixed a crash if sync folders were removed
- Do proper resync after network disconnect
- Allow to sign in and out
- Ask for password if missing
- Introduce activity view
- Introduce black list for files which could not be synced
- Numerous fixes and code cleanup
We recommend updating to the lastest desktop sync client. If you have any questions about these upgrades, please contact us at 256-547-6817 or email@example.com.