October 2, 2018 – We’re going to be performing some scheduled maintenance from 12:00am to 3:00am on Thursday, October 4. During this time, there will be some email interruption as we upgrade our services and perform some filesystem maintenance. We expect the actual service interruption to be less than 30 minutes. The upgrades include updates to the Country Authentication Restriction, webmail and portal interfaces, unified spam list and uncaught spam reporting.
- Block people from other countries from accessing your email – even if they have the correct username/password.
- You can now force your connection to our mail server to be encrypted (TLS) – just like the pages where you enter credit cards for buying merchandise. This protects your passwords and your data.
- Filters are now available in all web interfaces. If you aren’t using these, you should look at them because it allows you to automagically sort or delete incoming email.
- If you think you get too much spam, you can sign up to be a “Spam Feedback Volunteer” where you will put all of your uncaught spam into a special folder so that it can be analyzed. Rules for blocking that type of spam will then be created for future emails — not just for your benefit, but for others as well!
- Webmail interface improvements
- Updated calendar in Tuxedo to support invitations, notifications, etc!
- Better foreign character support and better attachment management
If you have any questions about how to utilize these features, please contact us at 256-547-6817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update October 4, 2018 12:22am – The maintenance has been completed and all services seem to be running normally. Please let us know if you have any issues.